My name is Ch Daniel. This is:
- 🔬 A monthly, transparent breakdown of how my personal projects are going
- 📊 The place where I centralise all my Building In Public Reports (all the relevant numbers: revenue, net earnings, number of users, etc)
- ✍️ The only place where I go deeper into what I do what I do, what I plan, strategize, and how that turns out
However, I'm completely bootstrapped, 23 years old, been paying for myself since mid-teens.
Who are, then, my investors? You, at the moment — that is, until you stop reading this. My "investors" are investing in me with their attention.
I'm doing this to
- Keep myself in check, publicly: my thinking, my results, my plans and whether I reach those or the history of it
- Track how my projects are going along
- Share what I learn, and then re-invest your attention to keep learning
- Inform my mom on how her 23-yo son is doing, professionally, but also to build in public. I've realised these 2 can be the same thing.
How does it work?
You either get the free version, or you can pay to support my next milestones.
You get access to all the monthly issues. If this project is gaining enough revenue, I will fund various 'expansions' of it:
- A closed community of paid members where I'm available for any question
- I'll scale this up, with more high-quality written content
- I'll start doing videos, etc.
What projects do I track?
- Legit Check By Ch — completely bootstrapped with my 15 yo brother, doing $180,000+ per year, attracting 6,000,000+ all-time users, and about 300,000-400,000 unique users per month
- I'm building PriceUnlock in public, a SaaS tool that helps SaaS owners find&set the perfect pricing for their tool
- I run Reddit SaaS (/r/SaaS), which approaches 20,000 subscribers
- I am building in public on Twitter, and disclosing my journey there
- Other side-projects
- This very project: Dear Mom/Investors
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
Hey, Ch Daniel here
Wanted to make this a personal thank-you note for being my investor. It doesn't matter whether you paid or not, I believe an investor can invest their attention as well — and that's valuable to me.
Because it's valuable to me, I want to be respectful of your attention.
Looking forward to messaging you with valuable stuff 👀
- Ch Daniel
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.